• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can it be simple?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

x

The state is Texas. My wife and I have decided to divorce. She has decided she needs no support for our one child. I have decided to waive all parental rights and give her all the property. These terms are all firmly ageed upon and there is no hostility or disagreement whatsoever- our relationship is very good. Can't this be done with relatively little fuss?

T

Tracey

I doubt her waiver of future CS is valid. She can always come back and request support from the courts. She'll get it, too. Keep this in mind as you divide up the property.

Check with your local library on how to do your own divorce in TX.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

MySonsMom

Unless there is someone to adopt your child, I don't beleive that you can terminate your rights and OBLIGATIONS to him/her. Are you sure that you really want to do this? This is a child you are talking about...YOUR child!

------------------
**MySonsMom**
~There is no love like the unconditional love of a Mother~

LegalBeagle

What you should do is take your share of the money and then put it in a trust fund that then pays your monthly support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">