• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to appear..but did

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Goobersmom917

What is the name of your state?NC

In Febuary I got stopped for speeding. I had a lawyer go in for me and he got the ticket down to 100.00. I had been very destitute up until a while ago and did try to pay the ticket and it got sent back with an extra 50.00 to it. I am planning to pay it on monday. I tried to get a new car today and I couldnt get a hold of my new insruance so the guy gave me nationwide. She found that my lic had been revoked because of failure to appear. My lawyer did appear in court and I have a letter that states so. If I go to the clerk of court and pay the fine, will my lic. be returned to active?

It is strange because my insurance company just renewed me and they didnt say a thing about it to me. The man said I should just try to add that car on to my insurance I have now , but i still need to take care of my lic issue. Do I go pay at clerk of court?

Thanks! :( :confused:

Last edited:

lwpat

Failure to pay speeding ticket

Your license was suspended for failure to pay rather than failure to appear. You need to go to the clerk of court and pay your fines. Have them give you a letter to take to the DMV.

Then you will need to pay a reinstatement fee to receive your license. Just paying the court does not automatically restore your license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">