• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundary, What are my options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevtrish

What is the name of your state? Florida
I bought a piece of property in Florida, the owner of the prop. was in Atl. and didn't come down to show it to me, Just told me how to get to it. I bought the property wired the money to the title co, etc I have a clear title and deed. I ordered a survey, The property that I bought has a fence around it from the neighbor, that the original owner had no Idea about. It is vacant riverfront land, just has the neighbors chain link fence from 7 yrs. ago. I am clearing the land and will contract to build a house this week, 1) what do I do about that fence on my property? 2) Can I just build a fence between our properties? 3) should I contact the other owner? His property is vacant land also. 4) Should I send a certified cease and desist letter? Or try the good neighbor approach? My property lines are correct because the surveyor showed me the PCM (permanent concrete markers) between the 2 properties.
What do you think? Adverse possession does not come in because the neighbor never paid taxes on the property or applied for a deed, just built a fence around it.
Thanks
Kevin

HomeGuru

kevtrish said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
I bought a piece of property in Florida, the owner of the prop. was in Atl. and didn't come down to show it to me, Just told me how to get to it. I bought the property wired the money to the title co, etc I have a clear title and deed. I ordered a survey, The property that I bought has a fence around it from the neighbor, that the original owner had no Idea about. It is vacant riverfront land, just has the neighbors chain link fence from 7 yrs. ago. I am clearing the land and will contract to build a house this week, 1) what do I do about that fence on my property? 2) Can I just build a fence between our properties? 3) should I contact the other owner? His property is vacant land also. 4) Should I send a certified cease and desist letter? Or try the good neighbor approach? My property lines are correct because the surveyor showed me the PCM (permanent concrete markers) between the 2 properties.
What do you think? Adverse possession does not come in because the neighbor never paid taxes on the property or applied for a deed, just built a fence around it.
Thanks
Kevin
**A: move the fence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">