• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dad wants full custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lulu171700

my husband and i have joint custody of his son . we went to court two years ago and the judge split custody with no sole conservator.we served her for full custody after finding out she has been in rehab three times,totaled her car once and cannot keep a job . her parents were lying for her in order to pick up the boy .when we refused to let him go,we found out she was in califorina. well now she's home and trying to play mommy.(her parents home) my husband and i have three other children and a nice stable home.he has never been in any trouble with the law or anything.is there any chance she can win ??? oh yea - we are in the big state of texas!!!

[This message has been edited by lulu171700 (edited April 13, 2000).]

LegalBeagle

First of all.. where the law is concerned, you and your husband DO NOT have joint custody.. Your husband only has JC. Sounds harsh but we are talking about the law, not emotions ....

Yes, you have a fair chance to get things changed if you have proof that she has a drink or drug problem.. or have neglected the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">