• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor yells obsenities and threatens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CookieMonster80

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I have been living in the same trailer on the same lot for almost 5 years this man moves next door a few months ago and we knew it was going to be trouble! A couple of weeks ago a guy is standing on my lot trying to pet my dog who is running in circles barking! Tells me I need to make him quit barking and I said he would if you weren't standing in his territory! Well the man then says he isn't trying to be an a@@hole! And I said yes you are and took my dog and went in the house! Well the next week my other dog who is in the back of my trailer on my lot breaks her chain(did not know her chain would break) The guy who lives next door chases her on my front porch and starts beating on my trailer with a ball bat I come outside to see what is going on and he tells me either I shut these dogs up or he is going to shut them up! Well I know I was in the wrong here I yelled f you at him! And put my female dog(aulstrailian shepherd border collie mix) in the house! He then tells me I need to move my car or he is going to move it for me because it is parked in front of his trailer! Well I have lived here for 5 years and have always parked there! So I called my landlord and she told me to call the cops! The cops came down said they told him to stay away from me and that if he came near me or my dogs or my house again he would be arrested! I told the cop that night I wanted to file a complaint but it never got done! The police left and I was so mad I forgot to ask again! So I figure everything is ok! Well 2 days later the man comes home and gets out of his car and starts yelling at my male dog to shut the f up! Well I give him enough time to go in his house and I bring my dog in! Well then tonight I get in my car to go to the grocery store and he pulls in and takes my parking spot! No biggie I called the landlord to find out where I was supposed to park because I can't just leave my car in the road! Well she tells me to call the cops because the neighbor is trying to get me to do something! So I did they came down and said the landlord had to handle it! Because he did nothing criminal! I said well basically he is parked to where I can't let my male dog out to go to the bathroom because his car is to close! And he said walk your dog! So ok no big deal! The guys girlfriend comes next door and tells me to move my car! I am on the phone with landlord again asking where to park my car because the closest spot is a ways As in another neighborhood! Well while on the phone I answered the door and she asks me to move my car and I said maybe I will in a min! Her boyfriend the guy who is giving me problems is in the house and he assumes I am on the phone with the police again! Yells out the window you f*ing dialing B*tch! Well the cop told me if he yelled obsenities at me to call! The landlord heard him say all this! So I call the cops again! I guess I should tell you all I am a 24yr old female with a disabled boyfriend so basically it is me sticking up for myself against a full grown able bodied man in his late 30's)Well the police come down and tell me that he isn't harassing me that if he wants he can sit in his house and call me names all day long and yell at the dogs all day long if he wants and I am supposed to just deal with it! What exactly do I have to do to make this man leave me alone because it is obvious to me that the cops aren't going to do anything? And the landlord is trying there best to find out who this man is because he isn't in there records! I am terrified to take my dogs out to the bathroom! My car is still parked in the road! I feel like I can't even go get my mail because the man will sit there and call me vulgar and rude names! I am afraid to leave my dogs outside for fear he might try and hurt them! But the cops tell me there is nothing I can do unless the man attacks me! Can someone please help me?

You Are Guilty

You'll need to answer a few more questions before anyone can comment:

1. What does your lease say about parking spaces?

2. Have you ever heard of "paragraphs"?

3. Was your mother related to your father before they had you?

4. Have we ever seen you on an eipsode of COPS before?

5. Do you hear "Dueling Banjos" or is it just me?

Happy Trails

Can't we all just get along.

"You are guilty" definately brings up a good point. Are they the only ones with a space to park? Maybe a muzzle for your dogs would help keep the peace.

Your neighbor says he isn't trying to be an A@@hole.
**Maybe he can't stand the dogs going bolistic every time they come or go.

(Quote) "the man will sit there and call me vulgar and rude names!"
**Sticks and stones...

Sorry this advice probably isn't what you wanted, but the police are right, he hasn't committed a crime, he just sounds like he is very annoyed.

Footnote to "You Are Guilty" No, it just isn't you, I too hear banjos......yep definately hear them.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I have been living in the same trailer on the same lot for almost 5 years

My response:

God, how I love it when trailer people come here - - and they actually admit to living in a trailer!

Trailer people make little or no sense when they use the English language; e.g., poor grammar, poor sentence structure, virtually no punctuation, etc.
This is a sure sign of a failure in the educational process, and the reason why they're living in a trailer in the first place!

Paragraphs? Hell, that's a concept that requires higher brain function! They can barely use "periods" at the end of a sentence - - and you want them to use "paragraphs"?

IAAL

You Are Guilty

To be honest, I'd be happy if she just heard of them. I don't expect them-thar Southern learnin-build'ns to actually teach them how to use them.

...still awaiting my answers...

C

CookieMonster80

My lease says 2 parking spaces per lot.
He has his designated 2 and I have mine but he doesn't like that one of mine is in front of his home. The landlord came out and put a marker on the land and the parking places.
And she in trying to keep the peace is wanting me to mow his back lawn, which is facing our front lawn.
Can she do this?
I have done nothing wrong and my dogs don't yap as you all would like to put it. They bark only when they see something or someone who should not be in the yard. The rest of the time they are indoors.

The rest of your questions do not deserve a response.

HomeGuru

CookieMonster80 said:
My lease says 2 parking spaces per lot.

The rest of your questions do not deserve a response.

**A: 2 funny.

You Are Guilty

So now your landlord wants you to mow someone's lawn in exchange for... ? Getting two "good" parking spaces? Getting "your" two parking spaces?

You are entitled to whatever your contract (lease) says you get. If the lease says you have to mow people's lawns (do trailers even have lawns???); do their windows; deflate the tires on their house; set on yonder porch in a wife-beater while drinking some 'shine; etc., then you are legally obligated to do it. If it's not written in the lease, you are not obligated. Am I making myself clear? Read the lease - it holds the answers to all of your questions.

And since you so disdainfully dismissed my prior attempt to elicit information from you, perhaps you would be more inclined to respond to this inquiry:

- What do you (currently) have more of, teeth or fingers?

PS: We have idiots here in NY just like every other state. The difference is our idiots still manage not to live in tornado-rod boxes on wheels.

Last edited:

rutica

Whatever happened to 'justice is blind'? do you guys only assume that rich and educated people deserve to be treated fairly?

you are insulting this lady who is only asking for help. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

CookieMonster: Besides putting in the parking space marker, can your landlord mail the neighbor a copy of the plat that shows where your land begins and his ends? She should also tell him that he is trespassing if he parks in your space. As far as mowing his lawn, I doubt she can force you to do that. but like the others mentioned, your lease will specify what you have to do in regards to keeping up the property.

I used to have a neighbor with a barking dog and that is pretty annoying. it seems like your dogs are bothering him. do they bark everytime they see him outside or whenever he comes home? do you ever leave the dogs outside while you are not home? Maybe they bark more than you know.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rutica said:
do you guys only assume that rich and educated people deserve to be treated fairly?

you are insulting this lady who is only asking for help. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

My response:

As to your first question, basically yes.

As to your comment, I'm not.

IAAL

C

CookieMonster80

Rutica
I only leave my dogs out long enough to go to the restroom! If they bark a lot during that time I bring them in immediately! I don't leave my dogs outside when I leave because of other problems we have had with kids around here they have thrown rocks and shot fireworks off at my dogs so if I'm not home the dogs are inside.

I have tried to accommodate everyone as far as the dogs go. The electric company need the dog to move backwards so the man could read the meter they were moved the day the man asked me to. The gas man(as I have a gas tank) needed the dog moved so he could put gas in the tank. Not a problem. 99 percent of the time my dogs are indoors. I don't like them outside that much anyways.

Basically I have done everything everyone wants me too. As far as the lease goes it states 2 parking spots and the landlady showed the man where my spots are and sectioned them off using posts and she showed him where his spots are.

I would not have a problem with this man if he would tell the truth and talk to me in a civil matter as I do feel I deserve some respect.

Now no where in my lease does it say I have to mow his yard as part of my agreement to live here. But I didn't know if because she asked me to if it was required.

As for being educated I am attending college and am studying computer science. And I have not always lived in a trailer its just cheaper to in this town because the rent is so high around here. I live right near a very large army base and the landlords around here think because the army boys and girls have a little money they can raise the rent! We(fiance and I) are currently saving up the money to build a house not that it matters to most people on this board.

Thank you for being nice in your response rutica!

Happy Trails

QUOTE:
*"this man moves next door a few months ago and we knew it was going to be trouble!"

**Seems to me you already had a predisposition of your neighbor.

QUOTE:
*"A couple of weeks ago a guy is standing on my lot trying to pet my dog who is running in circles barking!"

**I think he was trying to be friendly with the dog, by getting acquainted with him. If the dogs are being harassed by kids, fireworks... then they probably are nervous dogs, (rightfully so).

QUOTE:
*"Tells me I need to make him quit barking and I said he would if you weren't standing in his territory!"

**This is where I woud have handled it differently. I would have introduced myself and my dog and reassured your dog that 'hey maybe this guy is alright.' Because now your animals sense the tension between you all. This won't make them feel anymore at ease and even though you don't think they are barking a lot, the truth of the matter, after having your dogs so long you may have become deaf to it. Your neighbors on the other hand, may not be accustomed to it at all.

QUOTE:
*"Well the man then says he isn't trying to be an a@@hole! And I said yes you are and took my dog and went in the house!"

**I don't think he was trying to be one. But this put you on the defensive, and your response in turn, put him on the defensive. Then things just escalated from there, unfortunately.

There probably is no way things will be civil with you and them. You can only hope they won't be long term tenants. Maybe if there is an opening where someone could move to a vacant lot. This maybe your only peace of mind.

Good luck in school.

C

CookieMonster80

Happy Trails

Quote **Seems to me you already had a predisposition of your neighbor.

Well the first day I met him he told me that his girlfriend was moving in next door. And I talked to him for a few told him my dogs names and told him about what had happened to them.(fireworks and rocks) and he said that was to bad. He told me his girlfriends name and I told him my name and he never mentioned his name.

Well the next time I saw the man I was having car problems and my friend had come over to fix my car. The neighbor stumbles out of his house drunk and says let me fix that for you. And I said no its ok.

Then a few days later they had friends over and were screaming and shouting. And it just wasn't a very pleasant scene.

Ever since that day we had been very wary of the neighbors.

Ok now onto the man trying to pet my dog. I didn't have a problem with him until he started saying either bite me or shut the f up. And he was very drunk.
We don't drink and we don't tolerate people that are drunk coming over and being in our yard. But I was as nice as could be until he got beligerent with me and my dog. And that was when I responded yes you are(about being an a@@hole)and took the dog in the house. As it was getting uncomfortable out there because his buddies were starting to gather around. But this was not the neighbor it was a friend of the neighbor.

We do try to tell our dogs it's ok around people that will be welcome to come in the yard. Such as gas man , police man , electric man. And both our dogs know our regular company. And they know a couple of the neighbors.

And if the incident with ball bat hadn't of occured I would have been willing to try to let the dogs get used to the neighbor.

Thank you for replying

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">