• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petition vs support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soon to be

:confused: WhatI am in the process of becoming divorced. In the original petition there was no request for child support, but I have come to realize that we will need that additional income in order to to survive. My hearing(default) will be in 2 weeks. No order for support was filed with the petition, and the petition requests $0 for child support. The letter I recieved from my Superior Court tells me bring the original divorce decree, a child support order, and 2 copies of each. So my question is...Can I include the child support amount in the decree even though the original petition requests $0 ? When I work through the parents worksheet it comes up with $322.00/month..witch we could really use...duh...or should I wait, let the divorce become final, and then go back and request a child support modification. I really don't want to mess up the whole divorce since it is by default...but whats in the childrens best intrest? p.s. this is in AZ...thanks for any help

is the name of your state?

BL

Take your CS orders with you, ask that even though your Petition requested $ 0 you want your CS order Incorporated in the divorce decree. You can have the Judge order CS order in the Divorce decree run concurrent with any and all Family Court Orders .

Make it so now , not later.

By the way if you show at the divorce hearing a valid CS order , the Judge will fallow it no matter if you request $ 0 or not. You can't have 2 conflicting orders . But Just to be sure request the Order be Incorporated .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">