• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

date of car on citation is wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrc77

What is the name of your state? Texas

I received a speeding ticket for going 87 mph in a 60 mph(it would have been 70, but there was some construction going on)zone on IH 35(going South towards Austin, Texas) in a town called Georgetown, Texas.

OK, everything on the citation is correct, except for the year of the car. The year of my car is 2001, but the officer put 1995 because he read the year of a car that is also on my insurance policy.

Also, the citation says that the car is a Honda, but it does not say the model. Therefore, according to this ticket, I was driving a 1995 White Honda that has four doors and could be any model.

The citation does have my license plate number, though. Also, I did sign something. The citation I have has no signature on it.

Anyway, since the year is dead wrong, can I get out of this ticket? Also, my insurance card has the 1995 and 2001 on it, but I can rip off the 2001 part and take it into the court. It is perforated, and you cannot even tell that a 1995 is also covered on the insurance policy, if I just take in the card that has my information on it.

I have not had a speeding ticket in 5 to 6 years, I think. Also, I have only had two my whole life. One for 42 in a 30, and one for 100 in a 70. I did deferred abjudication for one of those and Defensive Driving for the other.

If the year mistake does not throw out this citation, can I take Defensive Driving for 87 mph in a 60 mph(construction zone)zone?

Also, the conditions listed are "LIGHT TRAFFIC, CLEAR, DAYTIME, DRY" if that helps anyone.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Mark in Austin =)

CdwJava

The year of the vehicle being wrong on the citation will NOT get you out of the ticket.

Carl

rmet4nzkx

In California we get double the fine for speeding in consruction zones, so you may be getting off easy. I hate to be harsh, but you do seem to get caught speeding a lot. 42 in a 30, I can understand fighting that, but you do seem to drive way too fast 87 mph and 100 mph in a 60/70, means for every time you get caught you are possibly doing that 100-200 times without getting caught. I hope you don't drink also? It would probably be a good idea to take a defensive driving course and really think about the consequences of your actions.

I was hit broadside by a truck, no fault of mine, that doesn't change the result of the MVA, brain injury or the disability, what if you had hit one of the construction workers? Please take this as a wake up call and be grateful to be alive and not have killed or injuried anyone and be honest with yourself!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">