• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krocha0517

What is the name of your state? Utah

Hello. I suffer from lower back pain and am on a perscription for Lortab 7.5 quantity 100 must last 1 month. I called into the pharmacy on June 28th to have the Pharmacist call to the Dr. office for a refill, and have done it this way before, I called back i later that night and they said yes it is ready. I went out of town and waited until July 6. I couldnt find my money so i had my boyfriend pick it for me , which he has done before, well after he purchased it they arrested him. I called the next day and the Pharmacist told me that he had called the wrong Dr. He has also admitted to the Nurse at the Dr. Office that he did call the wrong Dr. Now because of his mess up my boyfriend now has a arrest record and we have not yet been to court to have this resolved. Would it be wrong to ask the store in which it was bought and the mistake was made to pay for all legal fees and to sue for personal damages.

Last edited:

DerbyGirl

Well first off, I guess you didn't need those pills as badly as you thought if you waited 10 days to get them.
I guess I missed the part where you state WHAT your boyfriend is charged with.
Also, why the cops were waiting for him.
Something(s) missing here.

DG

DerbyGirl

TroyWinslow said:
Not much of a wanna be lawyer are you DerbyGirl. What makes you think she was out? She didn't state that. Maybe she wanted a refill BEFORE she ran out?

Sorry Troy, did you actually ask me a question?
I didn't see the question mark where you asked me about wanting to be an attorney.
I guess I also missed the part where I said I was a wanna be attorney eh?
However, the fact remains – what was the boyfriend charged with?
The whole story is not there.

DG

n_and

Oh, for heaven's sake. I fill my prescription WAY before I need to, and sometimes don't pick it up for a week. I just want it to be there, ready, when I need it.

OP- Have you contacted your doctor, the doctor the pharmacy called, and the pharmacist who did the screw up? Would they be willing to attend court with you? Perhaps sign an affadavit? Anyone can sue anybody, as far as personal damages go, how has your boyfriend suffered? I would most certainly ask the store that screwed up to pay legal fees; if they're not willing to I would take it to small claims (depending on the amount) after this matter has been resolved.

Good luck in court.

dequeendistress

N-and are you filling a prescription for birth control or a controlled substance?

FYI:

Introduction

Hydrocodone abuse has been escalating over the last decade. There has been large scale diversion of hydrocodone. For example, an estimated 7 million dosage units were diverted in 1994 and over 11 million in 1997. In 1998 there were over 56 million new prescriptions written for hydrocodone products and by 2000 there were over 89 million. From 1990 the average consumption nationwide has increased by 300%. In the same period there has been a 500% increase in the number of Emergency Department visits attributed to hydrocodone abuse with 19,221 visits estimated in 2000. In 1997, there were over 1.3 million hydrocodone tablets seized and analyzed by the DEA laboratory system. A recent petition submitted to the DEA has requested a review of the control status of all hydrocodone-containing products.

Licit Uses

Hydrocodone is an effective antitussive (anti-cough) agent, and as an opiate it is also an effective analgesic for mild to moderate pain control. Five mg of hydrocodone is equivalent to 30 mg of codeine when administered orally. Early comparisons concluded that hydrocodone and morphine were equipotent for pain control in humans. However, it is now considered that a dose of 15 mg (1/4 gr) of hydrocodone is equivalent to 10 mg (1/6 gr) of morphine. Hydrocodone is considered to be morphine-like in all respects.

Chemistry/Pharmacology

Hydrocodone [4,5a-epoxy-3-methoxy-17-methylmorphinan-6-one tartrate (1:1) hydrate (2:5), dihydrocodeinone] is a semisynthetic opioid structurally related to codeine and is approximately equipotent to morphine in producing opiate-like effects. The first report that hydrocodone produced a "striking euphoria" and habituation symptoms was published in 1923; the first report of hydrocodone dependency in the U.S. was published in 1961. It was removed from exempt status in the U.S. by the Narcotics Manufacturing Act of 1960.

There are over 200 products containing hydrocodone in the U.S. In its most usual product forms hydrocodone is combined with acetaminophen (Vicodin, Lortab), but it is also combined with aspirin (Lortab ASA), ibuprofen (Vicoprofen), and antihistamines (Hycomine). Both tablet and liquid forms of hydrocodone are available (e.g., Tussionex)

Hydrocodone will react as a normal opiate in the available field test kits.

Illicit Uses

Hydrocodone is abused for its opiate-like effects. It is equipotent to morphine in relieving abstinence symptoms from chronic morphine administration. The Schedule III status of hydrocodone-containing products has made them available to widespread diversion by "bogus call-in prescriptions" and thefts. Three dosage forms are typically found (5, 7.5, and 10 mg) and their behavioral effects can last up to 5 hours. The drug is most often administered orally. The growing awareness and concern about AIDS and blood-borne pathogens easily transmitted by syringe needle use, has made the oral bioavailability of hydrocodone attractive to the typical opiate abuser.

As with most opiates, the adverse effects of hydrocodone abuse are dependence and tolerance development. Its co-formulation with acetaminophen has also increased the likelihood of acetaminophen-induced hepatic necrosis with high dose acute dosing, but slow escalation of dose over time seems to protect the liver during high dose chronic exposures seen with this drug.

User Population

Every age group has been affected by the relative ease of hydrocodone availability and the perceived safety of these products by professionals. Sometimes seen as a "white-collar" addiction, hydrocodone abuse has increased among all ethnic and economic groups. DAWN data demographics suggest that the most likely hydrocodone abuser is a 20-40 yr old, white, female, who uses the drug because she is dependent or trying to commit suicide. However, hydrocodone-related deaths have been reported from every age grouping.

Illicit Distribution

Hydrocodone-containing products are in tablet, capsule and liquid forms. A variety of colors, markings, and packaging are available.

The major source of hydrocodone to the street has been through bogus call-in and forged prescriptions, professional diversion through unscrupulous pharmacists, doctors, and dentists, and large-scale thefts. The pills have been sold for $2 to $10 per tablet and $20 to $40 per 8 oz bottle on the street.

Control Status

Hydrocodone is in Schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act. Preparations containing hydrocodone in combination with other non-narcotic medicinal ingredients are in Schedule III

Last edited:

dequeendistress

You got it N_and...No you cannot refill the prescriptions early and re read my post. Do you think that a pharmacy is going to fill a prescription for the person to go out and sell the pills individually for more than the pharmacy makes. (not to mention it is illegal and they in turn can loose their pharmaceutical license.)

This is also why people forge the prescriptions and such...which may be what the charges were...

What do you say Krocha, what were those charges?

Last edited:
M

meerkat3232

Touche De Queen

DeQueen, thanks for teaching us all something. It's nice to see someone else who actually researches and knows their info!! :)

K

krocha0517

Respond

First off I wasn't completely out of the medication when I called it in. I had enough to last me for a couple of days.
Second they arrested him for Perscription Fraud. Since all this has taken place the Pharmacist has called me and given me a free prescription and he refunded my co-pay for the pills. The store in which this took place in now is trying to settle with us for the damages caused. Which would be, arresting a innocent person, he now has an arrest record where he never did before, and the fact that they humiliated him in front of everyone in the store. The police officer who arrested my boyfriend has personally came to our house and offered a appology to him and tried to get the citation and charges dropped for him. But the bad news is is that the top copy of the ticket already went to BCI. So this means that we will have to go to court.
What i do not understand is why they didnt fix this issue the when i first filled the prescription they placed the wrong doctors name one the bottle. I told them that this is the wrong Dr. The girl working there said okay i will get it fixed! Well obviously they didn't. And even when I went to go pick up the perscription this time they handed me the bottle and they still had the wrong Dr. name on the bottle. That is when i started yelling at them and I told them that because of their mistake my boyfriend has been arrested and I demanded that they fix it there before i remove it from the store. She changed the label. And i brought it to the store managers attention. The pharmacist has been fired and we are waiting to go to court before we settle with the store in order to the legal fees taken care of.

K

krocha0517

Hey now

Hey there I am all for getting the bad guys. I don't need my insurance premiums and co-pays going up because of low life scums.

And I am not selling my stuff.

K

krocha0517

Hey there derbygirl

First off i didn't say the police were waiting for him.

And thank you Troy winslow for this:

I've been reading your posts. You are rude and ignorant and offer little other then that.

Need I say more.

dequeendistress

The store in which this took place in now is trying to settle with us for the damages caused. Which would be, arresting a innocent person, he now has an arrest record where he never did before, and the fact that they humiliated him in front of everyone in the store
How many pills do you have left now?

This last post of yours is a bit hard to swallow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">