• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLease help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jose05

:confused: My mom just told me that my dad was killed by a police officer about 17 years ago, I never knew my father. she told me that the officer thought he had drugs and a weapon in the car, so he pulled him over and then when my dad stopped, he opened the door and then the police shoot him on the back, he died after like an hour. what i want to know is if i can get any compensation for that, becasue they never found any weapon nor drugs inside the car. and my mom was so sad about it that she never did something about it, she just tried to forget it. but recently she told me the truth of how my dad died and i want justice for that crime please help me. i don't know what to do in this case.

CdwJava

My guess is that IF this story is true (and keep in mind that you have only the one interpretation of events ... you might do well to research news stories from when it happened) the statute of limitations has long passed to file ANY kind of action in the matter.

Sorry.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">