• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving Violation 1128a, unsafe lane change? New York State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

orgasmicnyc

What is the name of your state?
New York State.

Hi, I was driving and changed into the exit lane on the highway and the car behind me was exiting the highway at over 60mph and I guess had to brake hard since I changed at 40mph. The driver of the other car than went in front of me and slammed his brakes. He ran out of the vehicle and identified himself as an NYPD officer. However, he could not give me a ticket and radio'ed in a police car that came 30 minutes later and issued me violation 1128a for unsafe lane change. I would like to find out where I can get a description of this violation. Also, the officer that gave me the ticket did not witeness anything. Do I have a chance in court? Thanks, David.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">