• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket for failure to keep right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackangel

What is the name of your state?
NJ

this is a violation of NJSA Section #39:4-88

i assume there's little chance of successfully fighting this ticket (either due to a ticket defect or my own differing testimony of the incident). there is a discrepancy between the time of the incident on the ticket itself, versus the time that is stated on njmcdirect.com. and some of the ticket seems illegible. i also assume that neither of these will help me at all. please let me know if i might be wrong.

my primary interest is in doing what i can to prevent 2 points from being assessed on my license (and downgrading the fine amount itself, if possible). i recently got a speeding ticket which put 4 points on my license.

to accomplish this, i suppose i will have to appear in court on the designated date? is it important to have a lawyer for such an occasion? or can i manage which some basic information on my own?

any help on how to proceed with damage control in this situation is appreciated.

thank you.

JETX

jackangel said:
there is a discrepancy between the time of the incident on the ticket itself, versus the time that is stated on njmcdirect.com. and some of the ticket seems illegible. i also assume that neither of these will help me at all. please let me know if i might be wrong.
Nope. You are not wrong... neither of these are considereed 'fatal errors', sufficient to get dismisal.

my primary interest is in doing what i can to prevent 2 points from being assessed on my license (and downgrading the fine amount itself, if possible). i recently got a speeding ticket which put 4 points on my license.
Of course the best way to keep from getting points assessed is to comply with your states traffic laws.

to accomplish this, i suppose i will have to appear in court on the designated date? is it important to have a lawyer for such an occasion? or can i manage which some basic information on my own?
You can 'manage', but your chance of success is increased greatly if you have an attorney.

any help on how to proceed with damage control in this situation is appreciated.
Best advice you will ever get.... don't break the law!!

thank you.
You're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">