• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

monthly bonuses as income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gingin4u2

What is the name of your state? ca
i am looking at modifying my child support. we divorced in california in 1996. my child support is based on him having 40% visitation and it has not been modified through the courts since the divorce and I'm currently getting $500.00 a month. after two months of fighting I finally got his tax return & his gross income for 2003 is $81,000. mine was $13,000. i have a flexible schedule so I am able to take my son to & from school so there is no day care, which would be 50/50. i have read california state law which i interpreted bonus income was to be included as income for purposes of calculation. he claims to have a letter from an attorney that says c/s has to be based on 10.6% of his monthly bonuses and his base of $56,800. has anyone heard of this? that is not how it was done originally, but i just dont know if we did it wrong then or he wants it done that way now because he's making so much more?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">