• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a consumer have any chance in an environment like this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dwilson

MICHIGAN

My freedom to speak is being violated in so-called public online shopping forums!

I am so mad I could .... could.... #!!!@###!!!!!!
What are the chances so-called public forums such as slickdeals.net and fatwallet.com are being used as a sales tool. Used to generate traffic to other online store fronts.

All an executive has to do is choose a hot selling item and deliberately miss-price it, knowing ahead of time the orders will not get fullfilled.

This creates traffic, stockholders want to see this traffic, if they don't they will sell there stocks and the stock price drops. Needless to say, that executive uses this tool (slickdeals.net and fatwallet.com) and registers anonymously. Then watches and responds to posts.

A stink always gets created when they execute the cancellations. The executives next step is to control this stink, by way of posting responses to true consumers. Calling them crybabies and such.

Using this tool (slickdeals.net and fatwallet.com) he can now voice his "one-sided, non consumer representing attitude" and calm the audience in any way he can possibly think of. All to control the stink.

Once the air clears, another devious plan is blueprinted and executed!
Slickdeals.net took my freedom of speech away by deleting my posts!
So I switched to fatwallet.com thinking they were different. Nope, BANNED! Just like slickdeals.net did to me.

Before my posts were deleted, people were responding.
Some were honest consumers as I were. The others I could easily see directly through. My vision is better then most I'm told.

Lets think about this for a sec.
Your an average joe, willing to stand up and fight for the corporation rather than the little guy!

hahahaha! you guys and your high priced education.

Why don’t you put mommy and daddy's money they spent on your education to good use and do something honest!
Just a thought!

The person, who coined the phrase "Buyer Beware", must have been bleeding out his axxhole!

I’m still insulted. I still feel cheated. Ill stop trash talking these companies until I feel better! Amazon.com and Outpost.com need to feel recourse! Please consider what these multimillion dollar online internet corps are doing. How is it a price error? How could they be so incompetent? It just makes no sense to me why there policy would be geared as such. Not taking into consideration the moral obligation to the consumer! I am a certified DBA, I know how these online retailers’ stores work, quite INTIMATELY! Price Error! What a farce! It is a simple yet legal Bait and Switch Tactic. Baited with camera, Switched with anything else in there store! Ridiculous. My intelligence has been fully insulted and assaulted!

Wouldn't it make more sense to spend the extra manpower checking these items as they are inserted into the database, rather then wait till the order is about to be shipped? This makes no sense to me. By inserting all the items into there database this way it would avoid the manpower cost of canceling the orders, and it would avoid sacrificing customer satisfaction. I know for a fact online retailers like best buy don’t have these types of consumer complaints. They care too much about there name to let it go to hell! I JUST SIMPLY DISAGREE!

So let’s be clear here, online retailers are created and utilized for and by consumers. But none of the policies they put in place are geared towards them. Also, they cut corners in areas that directly affect the consumer! Hmmm. This is acceptable behavior? Not where I am from!

Sorry, Bad publicity is still publicity. Families all across the country had a long holiday weekend. Retailers Gear up for the sale during such time. I spent my money on a good camera deal with outpost.com and amazon.com. I could have gone anywhere to spend my money that weekend. But I wanted the cameras from outpost and amazon. Now what did I get. Nothing, and my chance to shop for the 4th of July weekend sale is now gone.
How fair is that? It is big business to miss-price an item. It creates internet traffic for there website. Traffic is expensive, but free when you miss-price a hot item! DUH!

I called there corporate headquarters, I argued with the guy till he finally just shut up, allowed me to vent. Once that was done he could do nothing but apologize. STILL DIDN'T GET A CAMERA! He did however ask me my name. Witch leads me to believe that if the stink that gets created over this, actually stinks bad enough. The stink list will have to be satisfied. By handling things this way it will lessen there blow. I for one am insulted. I hope all out there who feel as I do, actually cal there corporate offices, and sign this petition!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/outpostkodak

They are doing the same thing to me at Fatwallet.com.
I have been banned from there system for speaking my mind in a very respectful manner, and a strong opinion. I would black list these jerks to!

RE-DISTRIBUTE THE LINK TO THIS BLOG EVERYCHANCE YOU GET.

I created a blog pertaining to this. Here is a link to it.

http://slickdealsandfatwalletwarning.blogspot.com/

I see a conspiracy, anyone else agree/disagree with me?

JETX

Wow, sure sounds like someone is heading towards 'time out' instead of joining the other kids for recess, huh??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">