• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

more support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karinna30

delaware state, my husband has a 10 year old child that he has been paying child support to $800.00 a month and 75% med, he is never late and always pays the amount orderd. after 8 years of us being together (married) we have become pregnant (due feb 14-05), also we have my husbands sisters son (we have guardianship of) we have had him 2 years now, still not getting any child support for him as of yet, we have him due to his parents abuse and neglect. well recently after husbands x girlfriend found out we were having a baby she has decided to go for more child support, we have had no intentions on trying to modify or try to gice less to her in child support we didnt plane on doing anything because we are finacialy able to aford things the way they are, thats why we waited to have our child but is it posible she will beable toget more support because we are having a child? she has been fird from her job, she claims for med reasons about a year and a half ago and has gotten married right after her job lose to a man who has 6 kids wth 5 diff women and they from what i understand are also having a child, we all made our choices on who we married and i knew my husband had a child i knew the support amount i had no problem with it as he didnt either, he took on the resposibility has has ever since but because im sure her husband pays a good amount of support pluse with htem with a child on the way i dont feel we should have to cover that.

VeronicaGia

How old is the current support order? In DE, a person can ask for a modification of support every two years. Support must increase or decrease 10% from the existing order.

Your best bet is to hire an attorney or at least talk to an attorney about imputing her income to what she could be making if she wasn't voluntarily unemployed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">