• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jamweaver

The fine state of "Missouri"

I was issued a traffic for 75 in 60. The officer never had me sign the ticket and used the incorrect address on the ticket even after I told him that it was incorrect. What are my legal recourses and odds of getting this ticket dismissed and what avanue should I take.

CdwJava

You show up in court and tell the judge he never had you sign the ticket. The judge will then say, "thanks for showing up."

Your failure to sign is not going to invalidate the ticket. It might make it hard for them to prosecute you if you fail to appear, but it doesn't mean that you will not have to answer for the charges.

And the address on the citation is not a problem if its the one that was on your license or your registration.

Show up in court, bring it up to the judge and see what he says.

And if your only hope of victory is on these two issues, bring your checkbook.

Carl

J

jamweaver

speeding ticket

The officer did not use the address on my lisence or on my insurance card. I even told him that it was wrong. Why did he do that? Just too lazy to write another ticket?

JETX

jamweaver said:
The officer did not use the address on my lisence or on my insurance card. I even told him that it was wrong. Why did he do that? Just too lazy to write another ticket?
Are you trying to tell us that the officer just made up an address and put it on your ticket???
Further, how would we know why he put the wrong address down??

CdwJava

jamweaver said:
Could be that he cannot void a ticket out in the field.

So ... did he just make up the address? Where DID he get the address from? It had to come from somewhere.

And it's doubtful that would do anything to dismiss the ticket. You are still responsible to show up in court and answer for the charges.

Carl

HomeGuru

jamweaver said:
The fine state of "Missouri"

I What are my legal recourses and odds of getting this ticket dismissed and what avanue should I take.

**A: your "avanue" is nothing but a dead end.

J

jamweaver

I think that it is just part of some master conspiracy. LOL . Honestly I do not know where he got the address from. Thanks for the spelling correction in the previous post (AVANUE). I can't seem to control the speed of my typing as well as the vehicle and let things get a little out of control.

So if you all think that going to court is futile (Dead Avenue), then does anyone know how many points will be assessed for this traffic violation?

Is there any type of traffic school that can be attended (in the state of Missouri) to avoid the points.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">