• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impounded Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IOP

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I live in NJ, my wife was driving my car and was pulled over she was
driving without insurance and had some parking tickets, I was
not aware that these two circumtances exsisted, and my car was
impounded and her license was suspended for a year.

Last year I was pulled over for a head light and was told that my
license was suspended due to parking tickets totaling about $400
again these were her parking tickets.

My question is how do I get my car out of impound ,what are the
fees . We still owe on this car but I would like to give it back to
the dealer since she cannot drive, how do I clear my driving record?

JETX

"My question is how do I get my car out of impound"
*** Very simple. Go to impound lot. Pay cash. Drive away.

"what are the fees"
*** Fees are costs incurred in order to recover the vehicle.

"We still owe on this car but I would like to give it back to the dealer since she cannot drive"
*** Good luck. The dealer has NO obligation to help you recover from your problem. Sell it.

"how do I clear my driving record?"
*** 'White out' works wonders. :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

IOP said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I live in NJ, my wife was driving my car and was pulled over she was
driving without insurance and had some parking tickets, I was
not aware that these two circumtances exsisted, and my car was
impounded and her license was suspended for a year.

Last year I was pulled over for a head light and was told that my
license was suspended due to parking tickets totaling about $400
again these were her parking tickets.

My question is how do I get my car out of impound ,what are the
fees . We still owe on this car but I would like to give it back to
the dealer since she cannot drive, how do I clear my driving record?

My response:

The bigger, more important, question is when are you going to get rid of that slug of a wife of yours?

You need to pay the impound fees - - otherwise, with each passing day, the fees grow and grow. Also, you won't get your license back until the fees are paid. Also, there's a good chance that the impound owner will eventually sell your car at auction for the fees. Then, you'll have no car, and you'll still be paying for the car.

There is no "driving record" for parking fines.

IAAL

B

blameshifting

She's your wife, it's your car, the parking tickets are your responsibility. If you want to get your license back, go pay your unpaid parking tickets.

You weren't aware that your own car didn't have insurance?

So we have a fun little family. Dad owns an uninsured car and drives on a suspended license while Mom likes to thumb her nose at parking regulations and not pay the resultant tickets.

As a result of being an irresponsible family the inevitable happens, their car is impounded and will be sold at auction leaving Mom and Dad still holding suspended licenses, still owing for the parking tickets and without a car. Their creditor will start calling asking why their payments for the car have stopped and soon Dad will start a new thread asking if he has to keep paying for a car that was impounded and sold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">