• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Email Theft...IAAL & CDWJAVA...I need your opinions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

otbrink

I live in NY. And I would really like IAAL and CDWJAVA to weigh in on this one.

My ex-lover/mistress went into my email account (private). She figured out my password, as it was a very obvious one (I have since changed all of my p/w's to be less obvious in nature). What she did after that was extremely harmful to me. As I had corresponded - in a very sexually explicit manner - with various women, she forwarded those emails to my wife. She also went on to contact some of the women I corresponded with. One of whom she impersonated me in a AIM chat. She then lied and told the woman that she was my wife. Niether of which was true.

She invaded my privacy and - with my help through my actions with her - ruined my life. My wife is scared for she and the kids safety. The woman has not made any treats to that effect, but my wife is nervous that this woman was able to figure out my password, her (my wife's) personal, and business email addresses.

Can she be prosecuted for going into my email accounts without my authorization? Can she be prosecuted for impersonating me with another person to get intimate information on me?

CdwJava

Here is th ekey question - WHERE did she access the accounts? From her own computer on a web-based account like Yahoo or Hotmail? Or did she use YOUR computer at your home or office?

Chances are there is nothing criminal here. There is a very slight chance that NY may have some laws covering this, but I doubt it. I suppose it could be considered some sort of hacking, but again - I doubt it.

There simply is not enough resources for law enforcement to track down and try to prosecute every person who cracks someone else's e-mail. It just is not feasable.

IAAL may know something more about this, but I doubt this is a crime.

Carl

O

otbrink

Thank you CDWJAVA...

It was a Yahoo account. And she did it from a computer other than my own. It may have been from her job or home computer...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You shouldn't have asked for me. I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around." I'm just sorry that your wife and family has to suffer for your transgressions.

I won't help you. You deserve what you got, and what you get.

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You shouldn't have asked for me. I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around." I'm just sorry that your wife and family has to suffer for your transgressions.

I won't help you. You deserve what you got, and what you get.

IAAL
That's why I love this little mexican :D

Your wife should have a 'come to jesus' meeting with reality and dump your ass on the street.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">