• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plcbug

What is the name of your state? MS

We have been having problems with our son over the past year. At the beginning of this year he left our house to live with his biological father. Within two weeks he returned to our house claiming that his dad was threatening to kill him. He stayed with us for about 2 and a half weeks. During that time we began the process to get him enrolled in Job Corps. Needless to say, he went back to his dad's along with his 15 year old girlfriend. My son has just informed us that his dad was going to attempt to get child support. He is telling my son that he can not leave until he is 21. The boy is unhappy, but knows that he has burned many bridges. My ex-husband currently owes over 13,000 in back child support along with current medical bills. What are the legal rights of my son and myself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">