• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dropping support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejmmolina

What is the name of your state?texas
My sons birth mother is court ordered to pay us 340 a month. It didnt start out like that though. Originaly she was to pay 400 a month however we agreed to lower the amount. For the reason to make sure she would have enough money for food and a house. We wanted to make sure our boys would be taken care of in her possesion. So we lowered it to 250. However she already owed 3000 in back support and that amount keep getting higher and higher. Due to her non paymenst and even when she would make payments she would only send in 30 to 40 a month. So it slowly began to rise and now we are here. She seems to think that she should not have to pay support when she see they boys. And wants to get the back support dropped with the reason being she saw then 4 days a week and was feeding them and so on. Now keep in mind the boys slept at our house ate breakfast and dinner there and bathed. She barely provided lunch. Mostly she would bring them to my work at the time Whataburger and i would provide that. I am hoping that no judge in their right mind would agree to drop the back support or lower ther current. By the way she now owes well over 10,000 in back supprt. What are the chances she would be successful in her quest?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">