• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slipped and Fell on FLOOR WAX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diznieb

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Tonight I went to the grocery store. I was halfway through my shopping when I entered the Dairy Section. Being that it was late, they were stocking shelfs. Tons of stockers around. I head for the cream cheese. I take a step towards the cream cheese and slipped falling completely on to my back and slammed my head on the ground. I layed there for about two minutes feeling out of it and hoped for someone to come and help me get up. I was drenched in a thick, sticky cleanser wax, from heel to head. I got up. Three guys in the area and not one helped me. I don't know if they were complete braindead morons or just didn't want to bother to help me. I cannot imagine all three guys not seeing me slip, fall and lay there!! As I got up, I almost slip again. The floor was worse then walking on ice. I had to hold on to the rail of the cream cheese bin to get back to my cart. I walk a little ways and found an assistant manager. We went to C/S and I filled out an accident report. I stated in my accident report that there were NO SIGNS posted, three men in the area that did not help and that my leg leg/hip hurts and my head hurts. The assistant manager wrote in her report that there were NO SIGNS posted and that I am complaining of pain in my right leg/hip and my head. When I got home my husband took pictures of my leg (which have a huge red mark on my upper right leg) and he took pictures of my clothes which are DRENCHED in wax. He then went down to wal-mart and started taking pictures of the area where NO SIGNS were posted. Now I am feeling even more pain in my upper right back, my leg, my arm hurts and is feeling numb, the pain is radiating to my neck and shoulder .. I don't even want to know how I am going to feel in the morning.

So, my question. What are my rights? What are the steps I should take from this point?

T

TalulaRae

Was It Johnson Floor Wax?

Are you saying that last night you went grocery shopping at Wal-mart and when you reached the dairy section you slipped and fell on what appeared to be floor wax? Do you think it might have been Johnsons Floor Wax?

If these are the facts than it is no surprise. Wal-mart has been the subject of a number of threads recently. It should have it's own section. Now if you slipped on Johnson Wax that just confirms my earlier comment to another woman about the dangers of this product. Was there any evidence that this wax was the culprit? Had you been drinking at all just prior to this incident?

Does anyone else find this incident somewhat familiar?

enlightzen

good luck!

Good luck finding someone to help, Be prepared for a long drawn out deal. I fell at a restaurant and had to have screws, rods and plates put into my leg seven months preg. And all they could tell me is I should have taken better care of myself during pregnancy. Don't give up, and be stern about the matter, everyone says slip and fall cases hardly win anything, but what about people like us that have a legitimate reason to be frustrated and angry! I hope you are feeling better.

JETX

"What are my rights?
*** Really simple..... you have the 'right' to get treatment.

"What are the steps I should take from this point?"
Gee, I think I would start with seeing a doctor to see if you need treatment. Then, I would contact Wal-Mart and see what they are going to do, if anything.

Let us know after you have completed those two steps.

T

Tabitha_M

walmart

I am currently involved in a suit against wal-mart. I was assualted by a employee and injured. He shoved me to the ground because I was in the way! (short version)

I know they have a company that mediates there claims. The big thing is, get treatment! If you don't they will say you were not really injured therefore you have no claim!

In my opinion you should have screamed and yelled for help and not moved!! If you fall, and are hurt you need an ambulance. I did what you did, I went to the manager and filled out a report, yada yada yada. They did not offer medical treatment and I have no insurance sooo I went home. WRONG thing to do. If there is a next time I will make a huge scene and demand an ambulance & police!!!

Just my personal experience

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">