• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nadine71

What is the name of your state? NY

My mom passed away in 97. I contacted a lawyer to handle her estate closing being she had a house. I was appointed administrator of the estate.

Now I am in final stages of selling the property and attorney I have now alerted me that I have two outstanding liens against the house. What I don't understand is why the lawyer who handled the estate closing didn't bother to run a title search. How can you transfer a property without doing a title search?? That way the new owner knows if there are any outstanding debts and decide if it's worth keeping the property. I never received any letters from the creditors saying x amount dollars is owed. Is there anything I can do legally do to this laywer? Being totally totally mispresented me

HomeGuru

nadine71 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

My mom passed away in 97. I contacted a lawyer to handle her estate closing being she had a house. I was appointed administrator of the estate.

Now I am in final stages of selling the property and attorney I have now alerted me that I have two outstanding liens against the house. What I don't understand is why the lawyer who handled the estate closing didn't bother to run a title search. How can you transfer a property without doing a title search?? That way the new owner knows if there are any outstanding debts and decide if it's worth keeping the property. I never received any letters from the creditors saying x amount dollars is owed. Is there anything I can do legally do to this laywer? Being totally totally mispresented me

**A: you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">