• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jcald

I have been divorced for 2 years and my ex still has not taken my name off the car she got thru the divorce. Plus I found out that my name is still on the insurance. She says she cant refinance it because of her credit. The bank is now calling me because she is not paying for it. I talked to her and she wont get it refinanced and she wont give the car back to me. I have also found out that since my name is on the insurance and registration that if she gets into an accident- I could get sued! I called the bank and they will not take my name off. What should I do? I want to remarry but my fiance, who is pretty well off, is afraid that once we get married and my ex gets into an accident she could get sued also. Is that true? Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">