• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agents advertising my Condo without my permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dan_t

What is the name of your state?Florida,

Hi
My problem is that i have realised that a Agent in the Florida area has been advertising my condo without my permission and also using my pictures of my condo that were on my website without my permission. I dont know quite how he is making his money from this but i am sure he is some how as the website he is advertising on costs money to post adverts. I am thinking of taking legal action and claiming compensation from this agent for doing this. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks alot
Dan

HomeGuru

Dan_t said:
What is the name of your state?Florida,

Hi
My problem is that i have realised that a Agent in the Florida area has been advertising my condo without my permission and also using my pictures of my condo that were on my website without my permission. I dont know quite how he is making his money from this but i am sure he is some how as the website he is advertising on costs money to post adverts. I am thinking of taking legal action and claiming compensation from this agent for doing this. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks alot
Dan
**A: is or was your condo on the market for sale through your website?
Do you know this agent or have had a listing agreement in the past?

D

Dan_t

no i dont know the agent i only stumbled across his advertisement when i was reaserching how well my website was doing on google, i rent it out its not forsale and it has never been forsale through my website. he's renting it out in the advertisement without my permission and saying he is the owner.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Dan_t said:
no i dont know the agent i only stumbled across his advertisement when i was reaserching how well my website was doing on google, i rent it out its not forsale and it has never been forsale through my website. he's renting it out in the advertisement without my permission and saying he is the owner.

**A: download all the pages and print them out.
Then send an email to him to cease and decist. Be ready to file complaints against him with the state and the Board of Realtors.
Be prepared to see no money from him.

D

Dan_t

I have been looking into this a bit more and checking out this so called agent and it turns out he is not an agent.I am still sure he is making money from it though.

HomeGuru

Dan_t said:
I have been looking into this a bit more and checking out this so called agent and it turns out he is not an agent.I am still sure he is making money from it though.
**A: that's just great. Thanks for wasting out time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">