• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What could I do differently?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wrappers4U

What is the name of your state?VA
I currently have a small home based business that is driven via ecommerce and I create personalized wrappers and labels for both commercial and individual clients.

This is my situation: I have a client in MD. She ordered some labels which I created and shipped to her. She stated that since my company information was on the label and it was not one the proof that she wanted that removed. I promised that I would remove that information and ship them out to her but to please return the originial labels. I corrected the error and was awaiting the receipt of the package. Today she informs me that she no longer wants the labels but that she wants a full refund minus my setup fee. She also advised me that she was reporting my business to www.ripoffreport.com and seeking legal counsel since I intentionally defrauded her. She also, stated that she has taken pictures of the labels and has a friend that will produce them for her without our company information on them for her. (Basically stealing my design)

I have nothing on my website - which states in any way that I would issue a refund nor did she ever ask if there was a refund policy. I did offer to refund a portion of her money or replace her order free of charge. Neither of which was satisfactory for her.

Is there anything I can do and can she get a refund if no refund policy is in place nor was ever implied?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Wrappers4U said:
What is the name of your state?VA
I currently have a small home based business that is driven via ecommerce and I create personalized wrappers and labels for both commercial and individual clients.

This is my situation: I have a client in MD. She ordered some labels which I created and shipped to her. She stated that since my company information was on the label and it was not one the proof that she wanted that removed. I promised that I would remove that information and ship them out to her but to please return the originial labels. I corrected the error and was awaiting the receipt of the package. Today she informs me that she no longer wants the labels but that she wants a full refund minus my setup fee. She also advised me that she was reporting my business to www.ripoffreport.com and seeking legal counsel since I intentionally defrauded her.

I have nothing on my website - which states in any way that I would issue a refund nor did she ever ask if there was a refund policy. I did offer to refund a portion of her money or replace her order free of charge. Neither of which was satisfactory for her.

Is there anything I can do and can she get a refund if no refund policy is in place nor was ever implied?

**A: what type of wrappers are you talking about? The kind that goes on candy, cigars, wine bottles etc.?

W

Wrappers4U

The wrappers we create

are for candies, water and wine bottles large and single serving (which this order was for) bubbles, bubble bath, mints etc.

IF a label or wrapper can be created we will try to do that.

W

Wrappers4U

VA - With this issue arising we have now

updated our website to address both FAQ and refund/returns as well as notifying that we add our tag line to every order.

HomeGuru

Wrappers4U said:
updated our website to address both FAQ and refund/returns as well as notifying that we add our tag line to every order.

**A: that's great, Now give the lady her refund.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Wrappers4U said:

My response:

Think you've got trouble now?

Just wait until AdviceCo (the owner of FreeAdvice) gets you!

"Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages"

IAAL

W

Wrappers4U

What is this suppopse to mean?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Think you've got trouble now?

Just wait until AdviceCo (the owner of FreeAdvice) gets you!

"Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages"

IAAL
What are you talking about? - I am not advertising or soliciting anything. I asked a question about a situation I am dealing with.

Unless you are talking about the question I was ASKED by HOMEGURU that I answered. Then I will delete the answer to their question.

W

Wrappers4U

On what basis should I issue a refund full or partial?

HomeGuru said:
**A: that's great, Now give the lady her refund.

You seem very quick to have companies that are asking questions to part way with money that we did work for and equally quick to accuse others of wanting to sue to get money. You never give a full thought.

We were willing to work with her - it would be different if we OFFERED a refund expressed or otherwise on a completely personalized item however, we did not and as that was not an issue until she found a friend to pirate our design - we did as any other company in our industry would do and offers - replacement of the order to correct (the Companies error - NO REFUNDS)

I have quickly found that this is NOT a FREE LEGAL ADVICE website - it is a free for all - I will most certainly not come here to seek advice objective advice. Wonder if you slave over product for weeks at a time and see it stolen and you are ok with that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">