• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help! Ex-boyfriend served me with papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pumpkin5

What is the name of your state? CT

papers at work yesterday stating I have to appear in court on Friday. (ex is 30 years old).
He applied for an order of restraint against me and I have done nothing!! It says on the copies that his application was denied but still they set a hearing date for him so he can plead to the judge to have his application approved.
Please if anyone can help me.
I was with him for short of a year and at the end I found out that he was drinking excessively and lying. I was upset but also GLAD and soon thanking my lucky stars it ended.
The papers stated that I sent a girl into a bar he goes to and she started saying bad things to other people about him....basically that he is a jerk.
I never told anyone to do that! The other thing was that someone e-mailed a girl he is currently dating and warned her that he is dangerous! And the last thing was that someone mailed him a package with no return address...just had 2 screws inside and he is blaming this ALL on me.
Please somebody help me. I am dealing with a crazy man. I also found out months ago that he is on a bunch of dating sites. Perhaps someone he met there is doing all of this? He has NO proof or even real reason to believe it is me....I just don't understand what I did. It has been 6 months and I haven't called him, e-mailed him......nothing. I just wanted him out of my life.
He is described as an ego-maniac and on a power trip and perhaps that is why he is doing this but I am very scared at this point of what he can do next.
I am waiting for an attorney to call me back. His secretary thought this was laughable. I'm not laughing!!!!!!! Please someone give me advice?
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">