• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing...to a minor??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MissChevious

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Ohio
I am here for a friend of mine. Three days ago she had taken her 15 year old nephew to a concert. It was outside and alcoholic beverages were permitted. She had a cooler full of wine coolers that she and ONLY she was drinking. As she was talking to a friend of hers, her nephew decided to sneak in the cooler and take a wine cooler. He put it in his deep pants pocket, so no one could see it. He hadn't taken a drink...yet. I guess an undercover officer had seen him take it and put it in his pocket. A few minutes had passed and he thought it was cute I guess to sneak a drink, and at that moment they handcuffed my friend and arrested her. She had no idea what she was being arrested for until they pulled the wine cooler out of her nephews pocket. She is so upset, she is a wonderful person and would NEVER give alcohol to a minor. She has never been in trouble a day in her life. My question is, can they still charge her with contributing to the delinquency of a minor..if she didn't contribute it?? I would really appreciate any advice or comments for her.

CdwJava

They can charge her ... but whether they can convict her will depend on what the witness officer saw, and what the child said ... and any other evidence they might have.

But, if the plainclothes officer or security person had seen him take the drink from the cooler, I would think that he also would have seen whether the aunt allowed it, witnessed it, or otherwise was aware of it. There is likely a little more to it than is being relayed.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">