• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant Served: Now What ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wryte

What is the name of your state? CA

1st question :I was served an arrest warrant through the mail (first class no signature required) nearly a year ago to my previous address. Being unaware that a warrant was issued until now, will there be any additional charges or adverse effects on my case considering I am going to turn myself in?

2nd question: I have not hired a lawyer yet and can't afford to anyway so I would appreciate any honest helpful advice anyone can give me before I turn myself in and turn myself over to a public defender. That being said I am being charged with two counts of Grand Theft in violation of Penal Code Section 487 (a) and two counts of Fraudulent Sale By Auction in violation of Penal CodeSection 535 (a felony). To my knowledge each count against me carries a maximum of 1 year in jail. So by my math that means I could get a maximum of 4 years in jail. BUT considering all 4 counts are felonies is it possible that the max goes up or would I be subject to even more jail time; what's my bottom line?

3rd question: In your experience or to your knowledge would all 4 felonies hold up or would some be plead down to misd. , could all be plead down, would I get jail time at all etc etc?

History : I have absolutely no criminal record. I am a 25 year old male and being charged for committing auction fraud in the amount of 25,000. I am going to turn myself in and plea, I want to get on with my life but I don't want to do it ignorantly.

Any and all comments on my case would be incredibly appreciated. This will effect the rest of my life...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">