• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tape recording in an "all party" state...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenifa

Can a person send a certified notarized letter to their ex, in an all party state, informing them that the rest of their phone conversations will be recorded, to ensure that each one involved is respecting the others' rights? Would recording conversations after that point be considered legal?

I don't know if that made sense. Please let me know if I have to clarify it or if there is no making sense of it. Thanks in advance :)

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jenifa:
Can a person send a certified notarized letter to their ex, in an all party state, informing them that the rest of their phone conversations will be recorded, to ensure that each one involved is respecting the others' rights? Would recording conversations after that point be considered legal?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can do it.. BUT, you *still* have to inform them at the start of every phone call. For a tape to be used in court, it has to contain the notice.

However, there is nothing wrong with your approach to inform them that all calls with be recorded so that they are no surprised and get angry.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">