• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

molested by stepfather going to trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trialstressed

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My stepdaughter was molested by her mother's husband (her stepfather) from the time she was 10 until she was 16. When she was 16 she became pregnant by her stepfather. Her mother and stepfather tried to force her to have an abortion, but she refused and gave the baby up for adoption.

Okay this is where we are right now. The D.A. handling the case proposed a settlement that he would get 1 year in county jail, which we were very unhappy with. However, he didn't take the deal and wants to go to trial and requested a different judge,which they agreed to.

We have to get him on the felony charge of sexual assault from when she was 10 to 15. Because when she was 16 and had the baby they said was only a misdemeanor. The D.A. is dragging her feet telling us that we probably won't win in court. I am very frustrated as everyone I have talked to is up in the air and doesn't see how she can't win.

The thing is is that my stepdaughter's birthday is in the middle of December. so, she turned 16 in the middle of December and then got pregnant in the end of January. Her stepfather made her take a pregnancy test because he knew she was "late". I tried to explain this is an important fact to the D.A. because it proves he must have had sex with her prior to January because he had kept track of her periods. She just blew that off and didn't feel it proved anything. I don't know what to do. The D.A. doesn't see to be doing her job and we don't want to get to a trial and have her not ask any pertanent questions and have the jury wonder what the whole story is. He admitted to having sex with her twice, but didn't know how old she was, he said. Also he did admit to being the father of the baby.

What do we do? Another thing that bothers me is that none of this has been in the papers. It's almost like they are hiding this case for some unknown reason. There have been pther sexual assault cases in our area and all of those have been followed all through the court proceedings. Why not ours?
Do you think this is suspicious?

Please give me any advice you can. Thank you!

D

d8ddysgirl

"What do we do? Another thing that bothers me is that none of this has been in the papers"

Why in Gods name would you want this all over the papers. You have a child to protect. Do you think its hard enough for your stepdaughter to go through this w/o everyone knowing who that babys father is. Why would you want her to reep the embarrrassment. Even if some people know not all people know. I am shaking my head in Aww right now wondering what the hell?

If he admitted to having sex with her then he should be held responsible for his actions. Why dont you hire your own attorney and see what they say. Prosectures go looking for big cases, and dont find these ones appealing. Yes that stinks. I say press ahead and get some justice.

T

trialstressed

My stepdaughter is also wondering why it hasn't been in the papers, too. She wants everyone to know what this man is about. He is walking around like he is just the best thing on earth. SHE did nothing wrong. SHE has nothing to be ashamed of. HE is the one who has to pay. I believe he should have to answer to the public also for he did. HE shouldn't be allowed to walk around free right now and act like nothing happened. My MAIN concern about the paper mostly is because we know he sells drugs. As far as what we have been told, the police know that, too. So, our assumption is that he is turning in other drug dealers to get away with what he did and we don't feel that is right.
THis isn't about parading it around in the papers. It is that THIS particular case is just being treated so differently that any other and we want to know why. We don't want him to just get away with this.

The D.A. told us that if we hired our own lawyer that all we could do was sue for damages, money, etc. Well he has no money, and my stepdaughter agreed that money isn't going to do her any good. We want him to pay for what he did with being put in jail for a long, long time. It just isn't fair. Everyone else around this area that has been charged with sexual assault has gone to prison for over 20 years. SEems to me they want to try and give him a slap on the hand and just hope my stepdaughter "gets over it".

I'm sorry, but I don't believe anyone should get away with this. He admitted to it. He should be put away.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">