• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What am I intiled to ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gabbyxxxx

My partner and myself split approx 2 years ago, leaving me with 3 children, the house and the mortgage. Although we were not married the mortgage is in joint names, my partner put down the 10 thousand pound deposit required at the time and paid the mortgage until the split. Since then I have been paying it. We agreed to put the house on the market and it has been valued at 90 thousand, nearly double what we paid for it. To start with my ex only wanted his 10 thousand back, know he wants half of what ever the house will be sold for. Please could someone advice me of the legal amount we will both be due and if possible how payment will be sent to me and my ex on completion of sale. Thanks in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Questions about U.S. law ONLY.

gabbyxxxx said:
My partner and myself split approx 2 years ago, leaving me with 3 children, the house and the mortgage. Although we were not married the mortgage is in joint names, my partner put down the 10 thousand pound deposit required at the time and paid the mortgage until the split. Since then I have been paying it. We agreed to put the house on the market and it has been valued at 90 thousand, nearly double what we paid for it. To start with my ex only wanted his 10 thousand back, know he wants half of what ever the house will be sold for. Please could someone advice me of the legal amount we will both be due and if possible how payment will be sent to me and my ex on completion of sale. Thanks in advance.

Questions about U.S. law ONLY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">