• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chain of command to get soldier to pay debts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dreana

What is the name of your state? TN

I co signed a loan for a friend of my sons back in Feb. She joined the TN National Guard Reserve and left in April for basic and is now doing her AIT. She defaulted on this $200 and by the time they decided to let me know it was up to $340. I am being taken to court and will end up paying $700 for this and I intend to make her pay me back. what is the chain of command that I need to follow in order to get her attention.

tcpmp

I would first suggest talking to her and inform her that you intend to contact her chain of command. That might knock some sense into her. If that doesn't work look up the main office for her command, it should be in the phone book. Advise them of your situation and don't discuss names or the specifics of your problem to the person answering the phone. Ask to speak to the Commanding officer or legal officer.

VR_Hunter

dreana said:
What is the name of your state? TN

I co signed a loan for a friend of my sons back in Feb. She joined the TN National Guard Reserve and left in April for basic and is now doing her AIT. She defaulted on this $200 and by the time they decided to let me know it was up to $340. I am being taken to court and will end up paying $700 for this and I intend to make her pay me back. what is the chain of command that I need to follow in order to get her attention.
As stated previously, contact her first. Tell her what you intend to do if she does not pay you NOW. The military seriously frowns on those who do not pay their bills.

However, if this does not work, contact her First Sergeant before anyone else. If for some reason this does not help, THEN you would contact the Commanding officer. If all that fails (and it usually gets taken care of by the First Sergeant) then talk to Legal. The First Sergeant should get this taken care of through her supervisory chain of command. This is a poor reflection on the Tenn ANG and the military. First Sergeants hate that. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">