• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who gets the pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karin

I have been married 15 months. My husband retired from teaching after 32 years , just this past June. He wants a divorce. Am I entitled to any of his pension?I live in MI

A

AnotherDay

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by karin:
I have been married 15 months. My husband retired from teaching after 32 years , just this past June. He wants a divorce. Am I entitled to any of his pension?I live in MI<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if you are, which I can not say as I have to look up MI laws, it would be a very small amount and probably not worth bothering about as it would only be the amount that had been paid into for the 15 months and not the whole 32 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">