• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 uninspected car parking tickets!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parkingfool

What is the name of your state? PA

I received two uninspected car parking tickets in Philadelphia in a week. A few months later I received another. My car was purchased in December and had the 15 days or so to get inspected. The car is register in NJ and I am attending school in Philly so it was difficult to get home to inspect it during the week. I have several questions. Does Philadelphia have the right to ticket out of state cars for inspection, especially if they are parked? Do I have to pay the two tickets from one week, the car did not move and the ticket blew off the car? The experiation of the ticket is listed as 7/03 but technically the 15 days is the new expiration date so can I get off on technicallity? The third ticket I received after I was rejected for inspection for my high beams malfunctioning :eek: and I left a paper that states new expiration date April 30, 2004, and agan on the ticket it list 7/03. Note: the ticket was issued after the new expiration date. Do I have a chance to save any money?

Bravo8

I'm confused. The citations were issued for a parked vehicle with an expired inspection, correct?

If so, it must be under a city ordinance. Not being familiar with Filthadelphia, I can't help you there.

The state statute for inspection only applies to vehicles required to be registered in Pennsylvania (if you are an out-of-state resident, then your vehicle need not be registered in PA) and the vehicle must be operated on the roadway. A parked vehicle cannot be cited for inspection under state law.

Again, Philly may have an ordinance addressing this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">