• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upcoming Trial!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MamaTrue

I have no legal agreement with my ex. He's taking me to court to secure his visitation rights. We have an agreed upon schedule but, sometimes, when I don't want him to get our son, I make sure our son is not at our agreed upon pick up place and I tell him that he can't see his son until he signs a paper stating (various things.) My attorney said I could do this. Do you think this could be used against me in court? Also, we communicate through emails. In some emails he writes "My total disrespect for you..." and "I keep my negative feelings towards you away from our son..." and "Don't let this get ugly because it can" (meaning legally, it can get ugly.) Can I say that these are threats and, therefore, I'm scared of him, and he shouldn't be allowed to see our son as much? Can I say that someone who has such negative feelings about the child's mother shouldn't be allowed to see the son as much?

LegalBeagle

The key question is how does he treat the child ??

Are you also saying that there is custody order in place?? So he is after visitation but you have no custody order ?

[This message has been edited by LegalBeagle (edited September 20, 2000).]

M

Mugs23

Hey - guess what? You intentionally keeping your son away from his biological father just for spite (which is how you made it sound in your original post) CAN be used against you in court. Case in point - we're using it now for our own case. The biological mother tries to do this quite often... she's only hurting herself and so are you. Especially if he's taking you to court to get his rights on paper.

Pony1

Mama True, I don't think what you are doing is very ethical.

[This message has been edited by Pony1 (edited September 20, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">