• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out-of-state representation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swimfast

What is the name of your state? CA

What ethics rules apply when an out-of-state attorney talks you into filing a lawsuit in his state because that's the state the defendant has its corporate headquarter?

Does California have laws to control/restrict out-of-state attorneys to come fishing for clients?

divgradcurl

What ethics rules apply when an out-of-state attorney talks you into filing a lawsuit in his state because that's the state the defendant has its corporate headquarter?

Does California have laws to control/restrict out-of-state attorneys to come fishing for clients?
What kind of case is this -- is it a class-action case?

How did the attorney first contact you? Phone, mail, smoke signals?

If you want to file a lawsuit against someone, you usually have tp file in the state where the defendant resides, no nothing unusual in that.

swimfast

It's fair credit reporting act case.
no a class action.

Attorney contacted me via phone a week after I submitted free case review submission via the firm's web site.

divgradcurl

ttorney contacted me via phone a week after I submitted free case review submission via the firm's web site.
Well, since you initiated the contact, there are certainly no ethical violations with regard to the contact.

What is the problem you are having with the representaion?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">