• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New to this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CIRCMANAGER

Need Help, Please!!!!!!

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania
Here is my story: My wife of almost ten years says she doesn't love me anymore and is thinking about leaving. She says she will give it some time to sort things out. A few weeks later she buys a house, moves in and puts most of the bills in her name (utilities etc.) In order to buy the house, she claimed my income as a means to pay the mortgage. We have no assests, three kids, I make more money, and she didn't budget for this. She does not have the means to make it on her own. She makes just enough to pay most of her bills but not all of them. I don't have the means to get my own place because she racked up a lot of debt in my name, consequently I am staying with family who are not very happy with taking on me and my kids but at this point I have no other way to get a roof over my head.

She expects me to send money, which I can do, but this means I will never pull myself out of debt to live on my own for several years. Meanwhile she is making needless purchases (one week trip to California two weeks from now). She is really spending money quickly and constantly asking for more.

I have been taking on most of the debt because I can afford to do it at the moment. I could get my own place if I didn't have to send her any money but I would be living paycheck to paycheck and never be able to save money for emergencies. She has taken everything for her house basically leaving me with my clothes and not much else. We have no savings, not much in the checking, and we have not started any sort of legal proceedings yet. We are trying to hash things out fairly.

I feel like I should try to get something official done but I am afraid of her getting everything. If I have to pay any kind of alimony or support, once my family gets sick of me living with them, I will make enough money to rent an empty refrigerator crate to live in.

I just don't know what to do. I need to get out on my own but that would mean I would barely be making it by. If I live with family and keep sending money, I will be living in my parents basement until retirement which in my case, my grandkids will be visiting me in that same basement. I need some advice.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">