• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-worker refuses to refund money...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

double d

What is the name of your state? texas

about 8 or 9 months ago, a co-worker had a used lawn tractor for sale $250.00. co-worker agreed to accept small payments when available. I've tried to make some payments ( paid $60.00). co-worker demands to either have the full balance or return the lawn tractor. I am returning the lawn tractor, but the co-worker refuses / claims that she does not have to refund the $60.00 since its been a year.... does she have to repay me the money or is it worth going to court over it to prove a point. :confused:

BL

Did you use the lawn tractor while in your possession , a few times ?

If so consider the 60 dollars use or rental fees .

If not , well you didn't really expect $60 dollars over 8 or 9 months to be reasonable payments did you ?

Forget it.. be lucky you weren't sued, and made to pay the balance.

B

blameshifting

Blonde Lebinese said:
Did you use the lawn tractor while in your possession , a few times ?

If so consider the 60 dollars use or rental fees .

If not , well you didn't really expect $60 dollars over 8 or 9 months to be reasonable payments did you ?

Forget it.. be lucky you weren't sued, and made to pay the balance.
Does this mean if you buy a car, make payments for a year then stop making payments and give the car back the lender doesn't have to refund all the money you paid?

What a pal, stiffs his co-worker on the payments and then demands a full refund 9 months later. $60 over 9 months, about 25 cents/day. He would have liked to pay more but you know how expensive beer is ... priorities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">