• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

heather3

hi, thanks for any of you that help me. Im sixteen years of age and I know live with my father and step-mother in Moutain City TN and he told me that I should move out and in with a friend. My mother lives in Piitsburgh PA and I have already lived there and it also doesn't work out. My father wanted to keep custody of me but I'd be living in the same state and area just with someone else and going to a different school to start over. PROBLEM: I told him about a POWER OF ATTORNEY? Can you have both parents alive and still go by this method.. This is a very serios situation I NEED SOME AWNSERS!!!! Someone please respond to this. And if a Power of Attorney isn't a option are there any more. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

chrissea

I am curious as to why your father would want you to move out & that it also "doesn't
work at your mothers". Is it possible that you do not want to follow their rules while in their household? Many teens your age think that they know the world. You have absolutly no idea about what it takes to be grown up. First you must take responsibility for everything of yourself. How are you going to pay rent, utilities, buy food, necessary clothing while you are going to school? These are only the necessities. You only have one chance at life. Bide your time there, grit your teeth & bear it to at least get your education in. 18yrs. old will come along before you know it. Many people say things in the heat of the moment that they don't really mean. It may be difficult to be your age right now, but try to understand that it is also difficult being a parent to someone your age. Remember-You get a lot further ahead with honey then you do with vinegar. Best Wishes!!!

H

Heather3

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrissea:
I am curious as to why your father would want you to move out & that it also "doesn't
work at your mothers". Is it possible that you do not want to follow their rules while in their household? Many teens your age think that they know the world. You have absolutly no idea about what it takes to be grown up. First you must take responsibility for everything of yourself. How are you going to pay rent, utilities, buy food, necessary clothing while you are going to school? These are only the necessities. You only have one chance at life. Bide your time there, grit your teeth & bear it to at least get your education in. 18yrs. old will come along before you know it. Many people say things in the heat of the moment that they don't really mean. It may be difficult to be your age right now, but try to understand that it is also difficult being a parent to someone your age. Remember-You get a lot further ahead with honey then you do with vinegar. Best Wishes!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHILE I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT YOU JUST SAID AND ALSO AGREE THAT THIS IS TRUE THERE ARE ALOT OF RESPONSABILITY WHEN LIVING ON YOUR ON. I HAVE ALWAYS PRETTY MUCH LIVED ON MY OWN. THE FACT IS THAT THEY DONT WANT ME. mY PARENTS HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY THEY ALSO HAVE 2 50 THOUSAND DOLLAR CARS SITTING IN THE DRIVEWAY i DONT ASK FOR MUCH EXCEPT A LITTLE MONEY HERE AND THERE.EVERYTHING ELSE IS ON ME HE GAVE ME THIS OPTION AND I SAID FINE HE SAID ILL PAY HALF THE RENT I SAID FINE. MY FATHER IS AS VERY SMART PERSON WARM HEARTED AND IS VERY MUCH IN LOVE WITH MY STEP MOTHER WHICH I EXCEPT THE ONLY THING IS SHE CANT STAND TO HAVE ANOTHER WOMAN IN THE HOUSE BECAUSE HE DOESNT STAND UP TO HER THIS IS HER IDEA HE JUST HAS TO ALONG WITH IT TO KEEP HER BUT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE CANT CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT HER "SHE IS THE BEST".SAD THING IS HE ALSO LOVES ME AND FEELS ALOT OF GUILT THROUGH HIS PAST MARRAIGE WITH MY MOTHER THE BOTTTOM LINE i WAS GIVING HIM AND HER THERE WAY. THE LIFE WHERE I CANT INTERFER AND WHERE SHE CANT SEE ME. THERE LITTERALLY TOLD ME WITHOUT ME THERE RELATIONSHIP IS GREAT BUT I HAVE RUINED IT. I KNOW THAT YOU MAY THINK EVERY KID THINKS THESE THINGS AND JUST WANTS TO PARTY BUT I KNOW THIS IS NO PARTY I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT GOES ALONG WITH. I JUST NEED ADVICE ABOUT HTE POWER OF ATTORNEY ISSUE NOTHING ELSE I HAVE HEARD THIS JUST REMEMBER YOU ARE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN BUT ONCE YOU LIVE YOU UNDERSTAND. THANK YOU

T

Tigres

I think what your looking for is legal emancipation.

Please don't type in all caps next time. It hurts my head to read it and I know for a fact others don't even bother!

Tig

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">