• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

holy ****

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RichardFatlong

What is the name of your state?ri

i won a civil judgment by default approx 1 year ago. locating the defendant has been difficult but i managed to do so through a pi service. my attorney did nothing to locate the def. his efforts have been pathetic. he was only able to obtain an 11yr old address. my case would have not gone forward if it wasn't for my efforts and the money i paid to an online pi service. my question is can i fire my attorney and use another attorney to collect? or collect on my own? he is being very lax and non aggressive in his pursuit of the def. i'm afraid she might relocate or find employment in an ajoining state and i'll be screwed or at the very least i will have to dish out more cash to locate her again. can i fire this guy?

HomeGuru

RichardFatlong said:
What is the name of your state?ri

i won a civil judgment by default approx 1 year ago. locating the defendant has been difficult but i managed to do so through a pi service. my attorney did nothing to locate the def. his efforts have been pathetic. he was only able to obtain an 11yr old address. my case would have not gone forward if it wasn't for my efforts and the money i paid to an online pi service. my question is can i fire my attorney and use another attorney to collect? or collect on my own? he is being very lax and non aggressive in his pursuit of the def. i'm afraid she might relocate or find employment in an ajoining state and i'll be screwed or at the very least i will have to dish out more cash to locate her again. can i fire this guy?

**A: yes, fire the guy and don't take a any more sh*t.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">