• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sportmint

What is the name of your state? Florida

Do I lose my rights to my mother estate,? if I don't sign off. I was told by my sister that even if I don't sign off I will get nothing. Can this be true? She has not been appointed as the executor yet, is there still time for me to get a lawyer and try to be the executor. Cause she is just trying to get every thing for herself. And leave out the other sisters and I. She told us all that we could not even go to your mother home, and if we did she would call the police on us. There was no will.

Thank You
Mary

HomeGuru

sportmint said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Do I lose my rights to my mother estate,? if I don't sign off. I was told by my sister that even if I don't sign off I will get nothing. Can this be true? She has not been appointed as the executor yet, is there still time for me to get a lawyer and try to be the executor. Cause she is just trying to get every thing for herself. And leave out the other sisters and I. She told us all that we could not even go to your mother home, and if we did she would call the police on us. There was no will.

Thank You
Mary
**A: sign off; what are you talking about?
Well, I'll sign off now. Bye bye.

Dandy Don

Don't sign off on anything until you get a copy of the will and also get a probate attorney's advice on what to do. How can you expect us to advise you when we can't even see what the will says? Quit worrying--if you are named as a beneficiary in the will there is nothing she can do to cut you out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">