• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

receiving stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jnglgeo

What is the name of your state? california
ok well my best friend got busted for a stolen car and well he cut a deal with the detective and well he somewhat came thru on the deal. but now he has court for the CRIME what are his charges for receiving stolen property since this is his first time offense??? i really need INFO A.S.A.P i wanna know what i can do to help him out please. thanx in advance

CdwJava

Well, his "charges" are probably PC 496 - receiving stolen property. He could face prison ... he could also get off with only probation if convicted.

Without knowing the details, his criminal history, or any of the circumtsnaces surrounding the case, there is no way for anyone to tell you what he will get.

The best thing you could do is get him an attorney.

Carl

J

jnglgeo

he has a clean record except for a couple of tickets for drving w/o a liscense

J

jnglgeo

is everyone in her an ASS just like homeguru????you come here to recieve suggestions not to hear stupid ass coments.come on people it's time to grow up elementry is over.

CdwJava

jnglgeo said:
he has a clean record except for a couple of tickets for drving w/o a liscense
Still impossible to say. This can be very fact specific depending also on the nature and value of the item(s) received or held.

It could be as little as probation for a few years (2 or three, I suppose) and maybe some restitution and county jail time as well. Or, imprisonment in the county jail or state prison for a year. More time could result depending on additional charges. His attorney can say for sure.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">