• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimbojack

What is the name of your state? new hampshire

i was pulled over the other day for turning around and the cop followed me for two miles after..i didnt speed or weave or anything...i had personal drugs on me and got nervous since the cops in my town suck and it was 1:00 in the morning...anyways nothing was visible but he said my nervousness and the fact i turned around deep on a street was probable cause and was enough to search my car and asked me out..he found an eightball, a gram of weed, half an e pill and half a cycle of steroids all for personal use...this is my first offense ever and was wondering if jail time is suitable for these charges...i am being charged with one misdemeanor and three felony counts...any ideas...any help...

CdwJava

jimbojack said:
i had personal drugs on me and got nervous since the cops in my town suck
Do they "suck" because they know you are a doper? Or because they are always hassling you because you hang with dopers?

Darn cops ... catching crooks - what are they thinking?!

i am being charged with one misdemeanor and three felony counts...any ideas...any help...
You need a lawyer. He/she can evaluate whther there was sufficient cause to conduct a search of the vehicle or not. But, if you were arrested after the stop or unlicensed, the search will be a virtual slam dunk.

Carl

J

jimbojack

the cops in my town suck because it is such a small town that they **** with everyone and anyone...they pull people over for nothing just so they can find something so they can brag..they come into the local pool hall after work and drink and then call the cops on duty to arrest people leaving after a few drinks...

bisto

jimbojack said:
the cops in my town suck because it is such a small town that they **** with everyone and anyone...they pull people over for nothing just so they can find something so they can brag..they come into the local pool hall after work and drink and then call the cops on duty to arrest people leaving after a few drinks...

Go get yourself a lawyer. leave it at that. We don't care what your opinions are about cops. You asked for advice and you got it twice.
Game over junkie.

CdwJava

jimbojack said:
I live and work in a small town ... and I know officers here who have called to report drunks leaving local bars also. The problem with reporting hazardous drivers is ... what??

And yeah ... we all want to dink around with pulling people over just so we can write reports and "brag" about some rinky-dink stop.

And if people are being pulled over for "nothing" (in other words, for no alleged violation of the vehicle code or other state or local law), then someone can make bank on a civil rights suit. However, my guess is that your version of "nothing" should really read, "minor violations" - and there is a big difference between the two.

And ya know, we find more wanted felons for broken taillights and failure to signal violations (and the like) then we do on warrant sweeps.

Carl

J

jimbojack

CdwJava said:
I live and work in a small town ... and I know officers here who have called to report drunks leaving local bars also. The problem with reporting hazardous drivers is ... what??

And yeah ... we all want to dink around with pulling people over just so we can write reports and "brag" about some rinky-dink stop.

And if people are being pulled over for "nothing" (in other words, for no alleged violation of the vehicle code or other state or local law), then someone can make bank on a civil rights suit. However, my guess is that your version of "nothing" should really read, "minor violations" - and there is a big difference between the two.

And ya know, we find more wanted felons for broken taillights and failure to signal violations (and the like) then we do on warrant sweeps.

Carl
um if a cop is there drinking and then calls the cops when someone leaves, come on.... what minor violations, my taillights were all working, not speeding not weaving, i turned around, plain and simple and he stopped me and asked why i turned around...its none of his business and then he made me nervous with the questions he was asking , its entrapment in my eyes....i got a lawyer all ready im just trying to see if anything is admissable because he made me nervous, nothing was visible or anything, people act different under stressfull situations, i have very unsteady hands in the first place...i respect cops but even my lawyer laughs at them because they act like they are on nypd blue

T

TalulaRae

nervousness

jimbojack said:
um if a cop is there drinking and then calls the cops when someone leaves, come on.... what minor violations, my taillights were all working, not speeding not weaving, i turned around, plain and simple and he stopped me and asked why i turned around...its none of his business and then he made me nervous with the questions he was asking ,

No, I disagree with your self-diagnosis. You did not become nervous due to a mere police officer asking you a few innocent questions. I beleive you did say you were innocent, correct? Nervousness can and does come from the use of:

he found an eightball, a gram of weed, half an e pill and half a cycle of steroids all for personal use...this is my first offense ever
What you admit to personally using is cocaine/stimulant, weed/hemp derivative, ecstasy/stimulant and steroids/hormone stimulant. All of these drugs induce physical symptoms which could be described as nervousness. Except the weed.

its entrapment in my eyes...
I'm sorry to inform you of this but what your eyes see under the unfluence of all these drugs is not going to be taken into consideration. Until you are clean and sober and have proven it for a length of time, what you see, think and feel are no longer credible and can not be trusted. You are what you consume and there really is no sense in trying to convince us or yourself that this is just recreational.

.i got a lawyer all ready
...and when he didn't give you the answers you were looking for you thought you would seek it out here...

im just trying to see if anything is admissable because he made me nervous, nothing was visible or anything, people act different under stressfull situations, i have very unsteady hands in the first place...
Denial and excuses are a clear indication that you got yourself a healthy drug problem.

i
respect cops but even my lawyer laughs at them because they act like they are on nypd blue
Your lawyer might be laughing at you becuase you wish this was NYPD blue. In an hour it would all be over.

This is information that you will resist, I am sure, but please try and consider that no one has anything to gain or lose here. No one wants to hurt you it just feels that way because the consequences mean taking away that which you have come to rely on.

What you don't say sometimes says so much more than what you do.

Last edited:

CdwJava

jimbojack said:
um if a cop is there drinking and then calls the cops when someone leaves, come on.... what minor violations, my taillights were all working, not speeding not weaving, i turned around, plain and simple and he stopped me and asked why i turned around...its none of his business and then he made me nervous with the questions he was asking , its entrapment in my eyes....i got a lawyer all ready im just trying to see if anything is admissable because he made me nervous, nothing was visible or anything, people act different under stressfull situations, i have very unsteady hands in the first place...i respect cops but even my lawyer laughs at them because they act like they are on nypd blue
Legally it is NOT entrapment. And if the officer pulled you over without cause, that would be grounds to have the evidence dismised for an unlawful detention. If there was no cause to stop, why did your attorney not simply have the evidence suppressed?

My guess is that the officer was able to articulate SOME cause for the stop.

Carl

P

Peeety

OK, so it was al for personal use ..... meaning that you didn't have sizable quantities with you. But you were in posession of controlled substances. In your eyes that cop will always be wrong .... but it's not your eyes that matter, it's the eyes of the judge that matters. You had quite an assortment of drugs in your posession, meaning you don't give a rat's @$$ about laws anyway, that is unless you can use them to your advantage.

Many people who are attending their first AA meeting claim they don't have a problem, they just got caught because .....yada yada yada. Sober people don't get caught driving drunk, drunks do. Clean people don't get caught in possesion of controlled substances, druggies do.

I suggest that you call NA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">