• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some advice- dont know what to do!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aleman

27, married, 2 kids, stay at home mom. Been at home for about 3yrs. No income, nothing in my name, we rent our home, have a lot of debt. Heading for a divorce and dont know what to do. What steps do I take to protect myself?? Where do I start?? Will my husband as head of house hold take my kids? He paid for most everything we own--will I be left with out anything? I am not on a checking account he pays rent --will I be out of a home as well?? What should I do?
I can get a job but with the cost of day care (he said I would have to pay) and my ingnored debts--(judgements) I won't make it!
Need some advice PLEASE!!

B

BB Brown

He probably owes you alimony as well as child support. It would be a percentage of his salary. But you need to post your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">