• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voluntarily Relinquishing Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aprilc

I need to find out how my husband can go about relinquishing his parental rights to his daughter. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

LegalBeagle

Unless there is someone to adopt or he sets up a massive trust fund, then he can not.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

A

Aprilc

EVEN IF THE MOTHER WANTS HIM TO RELINQUISH HIS RIGHTS&gt; <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Unless there is someone to adopt or he sets up a massive trust fund, then he can not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aprilc:
EVEN IF THE MOTHER WANTS HIM TO RELINQUISH HIS RIGHTS&gt; <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES THAT IS RIGHT.. IT IS NOT UP TO THE MOTHER.. IT IS UP TO THE JUDGE TO DETERMINE THAT THE CHILD IS TAKEN CARE OF !

Look at this way.. father gives up rights and therefore no longer pays child support. Six months later something happens and the mother needs more money. She applies for state aid.. State see a child with no father and no CS as income.. now state has to pay for this child while the father is off sunning himself in Jamaica ...

There has to be someone to adopt the child and therefore become legally and financially responsible.

Why would you think it would be so easy for a parent to just be able to walk away ?

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">