• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Razor Wire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

weela

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Live in the City of Richmond in a B-3 Zone. A business is located behind my home and has applied Razor Wire to the top of his building. Have found out from the City that he is within his legal rights to do so as far as building and zoning. My question is what are my legal rights? This has got to have a negative effect on my property value which I have worked very hard over the years to increase. This is something that can be viewed from every back window of my home - noticeably. Neighbors feel the same way - is there something as a group or as individuals we can do?

Thank you.
weela

You Are Guilty

weela said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

Live in the City of Richmond in a B-3 Zone. A business is located behind my home and has applied Razor Wire to the top of his building. Have found out from the City that he is within his legal rights to do so as far as building and zoning. My question is what are my legal rights? This has got to have a negative effect on my property value which I have worked very hard over the years to increase. This is something that can be viewed from every back window of my home - noticeably. Neighbors feel the same way - is there something as a group or as individuals we can do?

Thank you.
weela
See bold.

If you, as a group, still need something to do, may I suggest a book club? It may help reduce your stress and it can be quite stimulating to the intellect, which I suspect, couldn't hurt in your case.

Last edited:

nextwife

I am constantly amazed at how many communities have such limited regualtions regarding fence construction. There are NO aesthetic requirments? Adjacent neighbors have no right to object to a design that is disagreeable?

If there are no regulations, then all you can do is advocate with your local representative to change the fence regulations to address this.

W

weela

Where could I find Homeowner Rights as far as the business having an eyesore/Nuisance to the community?

What are my legal rights?

rmet4nzkx

I would suggest that you ask the city to provide a written copy of the ordinance allowing the razor wire.
Then take pictures of the eyesore from every vantage point, same for neighbors.
Contact your city offices and inquire about the process for complaining.
Contact your local newspaper, let them take pictures and write a story.
Get on the city council agenda.
Follow what ever process there is to complain, amend or rezone.
The news story may be all that is needed, good luck.

HomeGuru

weela said:
Where could I find Homeowner Rights as far as the business having an eyesore/Nuisance to the community?

What are my legal rights?

**A: search the building and zoning codes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">