• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being wrongfully accused of rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

metaphysical

What is the name of your state? virginia

I have been falsely accused of raping a girl whom i only hooked up with at a party over a year ago. She is randomly making these allegations, and I have no idea why. I would never rape or let alone harm any woman, and i have never been in trouble with the police in my life. She is now pregenant, and i believe her boyfriend is pressuring her into this, because she knows good and well i did not sexually assault her in any way. The investigator asked me if i wanted to take a polygraph, but it is up to me. I have nothing to hide, as i am completly innocent but i know that they are not 100% accurate. I am thinking about contacting a lawyer. There is no dna evidence as it was so long ago, and because we never even had sex. It is pretty much just someone accusing someone with nothing to back up what is being alleged. Does anyone have any advice, or can tell me what the chances i will be prosecuted are? Something i didn't do has the potential to ruin my life, so I need to be as educated as possible about this.

btw, the detective told me at first that i should lie to my parents about this, as it was not that strong of a case. I now think that he may have just said this to prevent me from having a laywer.

bisto

your thread is a bit confusing, but get a lawyer.

Detectives are not lawyers so don't take legal advice from them.

Is she accusing your of rape and making her pregnant?
Well if she is your off the hook if what you say is accurate.

rmet4nzkx

If she is claiming that you made her pregnant, prenatal paternity tesing can be done as early as 10 weeks CVS, amnio 14-16 weeks and there is now a blood test that is good only if the woman has not had any other pregnancies otherwise you have to wait untilthe baby is born.

M

metaphysical

no no no....sorry for the confusion. She is not claiming i got her pregenant. I never even had sex with her, plus she is like 6 months pregeanant. We fooled around over 14 months ago.

M

metaphysical

i guess my real question is, will the state prosecute someone accused of rape if there is no evidence other than an accuser making a claim? We were all drinking, however, she was completely able to make her own decisions, and even literally begged me to hook up with her...she also bragged to her friend a few weeks later how "good i was". In addition, she told me she loved me while we were making out. If this doesn't prove the girl is crazy, i dont know what would.

Last edited:

CdwJava

The state has to prove its case against you. Only you know what really happened, and what kind of evidence they MIGHT have against you. However, given the seriousness of the allegation, you would be well advised to secure the services of an attorney ASAP. And certainly before taking a polygraph.

Carl

CdwJava

--PARIDISE-- said:
Carl, off topic and I will delete when you respond. I don't know if my mail or pm went through, and wanted to check before I take off. Adorable family .
Yes, they did ... and I replied each time - we must be having a disconnect along the way somewhere.

And thanks! :) And ditto yours!

And have a fun vacation ... at least I'm off to the Russian River for a couple days - not a vacation, but it's something.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">