• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equitable Distribution/New York

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cm11010

Married 19 years. During first years I supported wife who went to graduate school.
Raised a child still in school, with me primary caregiver throughout marriage while earning during the course of the marriage so far about 55% of the total income during the marriage. Wife worked day & night and took no responsibility for the kids.
In addition wife was broke at wedding and we used my savings during the first years.
At present she now earns about 55% of total yearly income, is quite successful, but works 7 days a week and was out-of-town on business 50 days last year. In addition, through gifts from MY family, several hundred thousand dollars entered joint accounts. We each have TDA's. In addition I am entitled to a pension earned beginning 30 years ago. The value will continue to increase as long as I continue to work.
1)If it were left to the state, what would I be entitled to?
2) as for my pension, if she claims "her share", how is her share determined if the value will continue to grow should I continue to work?
3) If we separate, but not divorce, what date is used for the calculation of her share of my pension.

LegalBeagle

3. The day you file legal papers for seperation or divorce..

As to the rest, there is too much and a lot of money involved.. so you would be much better going to see a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">