• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Stiking a Trial date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KAMIAKI1

What is the name of your state? Washington

My friend received notice by mail that the trial date is in 5 days (including the weekend). I sent her to the court house to find out it if it is for sure in 5 days. They said it is in 5 days (Monday). Her soon to be ex tells me on the phone today that he requested the Trial date to be stricken for now. He also said he does not need to give her notice it has been cancelled as he is the one who requested the Trial in the first place.
I would think she is to be given notice of this change. Am I correct in assuming this to be true?
Also, this Trial is for the financial side of their divorce. I had her get copies of her credit report. Is she able to obtain copies of her soon-2-b-ex's credit report on her own or would that be illegal? What item or legal form should she have filled out when she appears in court?

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

KAMIAKI1

Not given proper notice-Help!

The STBE's lawyer contacted her today and said they are going to proceed with the Trial on Monday but they don't have time to serve her the paperwork. This just sound like a bunch of crap to me. How can they go to court without serving her the papers first and give her time to respond for the judge? Is this legal or allowed?
Is she able to ask for a court appointed attorney in a divorce trial?

Please anyone that can answer HELP!!

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">