• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DA Child Support Outrage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unclerick

I am being held hostage by the DA. I am charged with 75 to 95k, depending on the DA's mood, for a child that is not mine. I have a judgment of fraud against the mother. The DA has taken both my Contractor's and Driver's Licenses. I know of many others who are also victims of this out-of-control system. Help

LegalBeagle

Did you sign the b/c and an affidavit of paternity ? Was there ever a court order in place for you to pay CS ? How old is the child and when did you find out it was not yours ?

U

unclerick

I was not even aware of the birth until child was 5 years old. Did not file paternity action as I was involved in responding to action filed by DA. Blood test results are missing from court file, I have not been allowed to retest due to some 30 day response time, blah, blah. My atty, former DA and Judge, apparently not willing to serve two masters, filed an action for negligence, did not name the DA as one of the Does, and the DA says the finding of fraud does not negate my obligation to pay support.
Thanks for your reply - please let me know what you think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">