• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend claiming I ripped her off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kob125

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin

I bought 4 tickets to go to a concert. I tried handing them out to everyone and they refused them and asked me to hold on to them. SO I did. Well one girl dropped out because she had surgery. I found someone to buy her ticket. Then the other two girls dropped out the night before the concert. They already paid for their tickets and I cashed their check to pay the credit card bill.
They didnt ask for their tickets back. So I took them to the concert to try and sell the tickets for the girls. Well, I didnt sell them, so I just threw them in the trash. I wasnt thinking they would want their tickets. They didnt even tell me they werent going. They did, but only by text messaging me and telling me they were not going anymore. I started freaking out cause then I didnt have anyone to go with and that I would be out of money $50!
Now 4 days after the concert the girls either want their tickets, or they want their money. I threw out the tickets! I dont know what to do know because now they are telling me they are taking me to small claims court for their money back which equals $100. I dont have that kind of money! Are they going to win this?
They didnt even want the tickets until they found out I sold the other girls ticket. And I sold hers 2 weeks prior to the concert cause thats when she told me she wasnt going cause she had to have surgery. So now they are mad the I sold hers and not theirs. That wasnt my responsibility was it?
And the girl that I sold the ticket for told me that the others girls had no intention on even going, so why are they asking for the ticket 4 days after the concert. Its such a mess. Can anyone help me here?

BelizeBreeze

Have the girl who had the surgery go with you to small claims court.

It sounds like you are all teenagers or worse. This is a non-issue.

kob125

Funny thing is we are all in our mid 20's. I am a single mom with no money. I planned this concert months ahead. In fact the tickets were available for them months ahead. This is insane that this is happening. I understand this is my fault for throwing away the tickets, but because of the circumstances, I dont feel I should have to pay them. Plus I dont have a dime to give them. I can barely make it as it is with my son and I.

Happy Trails

In Wisconsin, it will cost them $59.00 just to file a small claims case. They would probably have to do it separatly, if they both paid separately. If they didn't pay separately and won (which I don't think they would) they would only profit $41.00. But a lot of people when they file small claims, will tell you it's not about the money (yeah right) it's the principle of the matter.

Tell them to call the Judge Judy Show, that way we could watch her rake them over the coals, and you all get to split the money. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">